HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Cannabinoids, particularly CBD, demonstrate a bell-shaped dose-response curve; therefore, it is imperative that patients slowly titrate up to their optimal dose without going over.
- To find an optimal dose, patients should eliminate the use of any cannabis product for two days. Going over the optimal dose could cause the patient to lose the maximum benefits.
- Most patients prefer to start using CBD about two hours before bedtime. Patients should start with 10-15mg of active cannabinoids once daily, increasing the dose slowly every 2-3 days to determine if a better therapeutic effect results.
- For example, use 10mg once daily for two days, then increase to 10mg twice daily (morning and night) for two days.
- Continue to slowly titrate the dose up every few days.
- Once a point is reached where the therapeutic benefits do not increase OR where they decrease, stop and go back to the previous dose. This is the top of that individual’s bell-shaped dose-response curve.